Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wow-what a day!

Ok, so my only sister has been pregnant with her first child (a girl they were naming Ivy) for the past 41 1/2 weeks. We've all been so excited, she has everything ready, and it's all pink! Being the 3 boymom that I am, I was REALLY excited at the prospect of being able to buy some frilly stuff and had already stocked her shelves with quite a few wares.
She opted for a natural home birth and yesterday started an herbal induction due to an excrutiating rash (pregnancy induced) that she had. All last night we listened for the phone in our sleep yet, ironically, I did not hear it at 5 am when she called to say her water had broken and to ask my advice. So all day my family and I have raced to the phone when it rings and been generally expectant and excited to meet Ivy Malia!
At long last, my brother-in-law calls; Ivy is here!! But...Ivy has a penis! Yep, they have a fully stocked girls room for a boy! ;) I say just shut the door and move to the next room!
God sure does have a sense of humor!

No comments: