Thursday, October 2, 2008

First time!

Well, it seems like everybody and their grandmother has a blog these days so I'm jumping off the cliff too!
As I've been trying to find more ways to promote my business, and bring in more web traffic, and do this, and that; I've been struck with how futile it all really is in light of eternity. So, to that end I felt led to make my business (and life) start to count for more than just (barely) increasing my wallet. I decided that I would pick a different charity each month and give them 20% of my total profits for that month plus 100% of a single item each week. I settled on World Vision for my first month, October, because we already have a sponsored child and I really admire all that they do. I then picked their Disaster Relief Fund because there seems to be so much need there right now. I'm really excited to see what God does this month and feel honored to be able to do my tiny part to love people for Him.
This week's (Oct 1-7) 100% Donation item is an Oh so Preppy pair of plaid crossover baby shoes that I designed because baby boys deserve cute things too!

No comments: